Easing back in
------
UPDATE, APRIL 7:
Time at which the Powers That Be realized the Australia job didn't actually exist: 9 AM
Time at which I was supposed to have my interview: 9:30 AM
Damn.
------
It isn't really ennui or malaise, or all the other Gallic and galling things I'm prone to, that makes blogging a tad aversive right now. Well, actually, today it's the fact that my parents, visiting this past weekend, woke me at 6:30 AM, which -- well, let's just say that while I am indeed sometimes awake at 6:30 on a Sunday morning, I am pretty much never awakened at that time. (It's been a rough day.) But, no, really, it's just that this is the week of short-fuse decision trees, to somewhat mix metaphors. To write is to hope, and to hope is to jinx. Just humor me on this one, ok?
Tomorrow, I have an interview for a job in Australia. I did some investigating, and I'm pretty sure the job doesn't actually exist, but I don't know that the people interviewing me have yet sussed that out. I'm also lobbying, ambivalently, for a job in Colombia. I need to give OSU an answer by the end of the week, but I'm hoping (while acknowledging it to be a very small chance) that I might hear from Penn first. And I've got a "hold" basket full of promising career change-type job vacancies. And yes, K and I are talking again, and he's got his own job decision trees, some of which may be duplexable.
That hold basket also contains blog notes, and I see that we missed "My Phantom Boyfriend Pain" (with the kicker that it was the boyfriend, and not the pain, that was phantom) -- mm, I think that one might be "OBE" (overtaken by events), as we say in the biz -- "The Town That Charm Forgot," which I'm still game to cue up, and something untitled on the passport "scandal," which is OBE but I'll still probably run in shortened form.
But not tonight. Hard blogging can't be demonstrated beyond all doubt to have killed anyone, but Esquiver's not one for taking chances. G'night, all.
UPDATE, APRIL 7:
Time at which the Powers That Be realized the Australia job didn't actually exist: 9 AM
Time at which I was supposed to have my interview: 9:30 AM
Damn.
------
It isn't really ennui or malaise, or all the other Gallic and galling things I'm prone to, that makes blogging a tad aversive right now. Well, actually, today it's the fact that my parents, visiting this past weekend, woke me at 6:30 AM, which -- well, let's just say that while I am indeed sometimes awake at 6:30 on a Sunday morning, I am pretty much never awakened at that time. (It's been a rough day.) But, no, really, it's just that this is the week of short-fuse decision trees, to somewhat mix metaphors. To write is to hope, and to hope is to jinx. Just humor me on this one, ok?
Tomorrow, I have an interview for a job in Australia. I did some investigating, and I'm pretty sure the job doesn't actually exist, but I don't know that the people interviewing me have yet sussed that out. I'm also lobbying, ambivalently, for a job in Colombia. I need to give OSU an answer by the end of the week, but I'm hoping (while acknowledging it to be a very small chance) that I might hear from Penn first. And I've got a "hold" basket full of promising career change-type job vacancies. And yes, K and I are talking again, and he's got his own job decision trees, some of which may be duplexable.
That hold basket also contains blog notes, and I see that we missed "My Phantom Boyfriend Pain" (with the kicker that it was the boyfriend, and not the pain, that was phantom) -- mm, I think that one might be "OBE" (overtaken by events), as we say in the biz -- "The Town That Charm Forgot," which I'm still game to cue up, and something untitled on the passport "scandal," which is OBE but I'll still probably run in shortened form.
But not tonight. Hard blogging can't be demonstrated beyond all doubt to have killed anyone, but Esquiver's not one for taking chances. G'night, all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment<< Home