Monday, January 22, 2007

Not the culture of the minor scam

Nope, no sirree. Don't know why there was a news item about autorickshaw drivers in Hyderabad on strike over the introduction of mandatory digital meters. And when the 'rickshaw union leader analogue said "we don't want to use them because they're tamper-proof," I'm sure he actually meant to say "will tamper with our top-notch customer service." And when he went on to explain how much per kilometer the average tamper nets the driver, that must've been a translation error. He was speaking English, but still.

And yes, this is what's known as a placeholder. Moving's hard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? what about that cab driver in China who was driving us all over creation? I didn't even want to pay him the THREE DOLLARS he was gouging us, but you paid hin AND gave him a tip. I was so mad, that I slammed the door (kind of).

I miss China.

I remain,
Bill Roth

8:14 AM  
Post a Comment

<< Home