Monday, January 08, 2007

Farewell to all that

K and I agreed last week that this evening we'd discuss "what happens after India." And we did so, even though I had what had to be one of my crappiest days ever at work. (I won't get into it, but suffice it to say that I really dislike injustice and public humiliation, especially in combination, and even more especially when they happen to me.)

We sat down over Gujarati farsan at a chic little place down the street.
"We should talk," K said.
"We're talking," I said.
"I think that even if I had a really good job in Washington, I just wouldn't be happy unless I went back to Los Angeles," K said.

Right. Well. So glad that we had this talk.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolences; I'm sorry to hear that you and K couldn't work out a mutually happy arrangement. I also guess that means we won't be seeing K when you move back to DC; I wish him well.

1:05 PM  
Blogger esquiver said...

Aw, c'mon, initial salvo, and all that. I cut short the discussion, as it really wasn't going to work within the context of the day I'd had, but K has already offered that "we process decisions differently," so who knows. I'd give it a 4 on the Richter scale.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Initial salvo, my ass! (um, obviously I read the next entry right before this one) Still, I'm very sorry that you have seismic relationship changes/discussions/decisions to deal with on top of so much else. Bleh. I hope you have someone there (besides K, obviously) with whom to talk about these things.

Life is going to be much simpler and happier after you move. Cleaner too. Too bad your blog entries will inevitably suffer. -Shani

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm sorry. I hope that you are right about its having been a wrong-time-and-place issue.

4:21 AM  
Post a Comment

<< Home