Don't give it a second thought Dept.
What I captured on my tape recorder while accompanying a visiting American expert giving a local press interview:
Journalist: "Do you think India will ever have a thriving nuclear program?"
Expert: "Yes. Though, perhaps, with a little help from friends."
What got printed in the paper:
Journalist: "Do you think India will ever have a thriving nuclear program?"
Expert: "Yes. Though, perhaps, with a little help from France."
Journalist: "Do you think India will ever have a thriving nuclear program?"
Expert: "Yes. Though, perhaps, with a little help from friends."
What got printed in the paper:
Journalist: "Do you think India will ever have a thriving nuclear program?"
Expert: "Yes. Though, perhaps, with a little help from France."
--
And while we're on the subject of geography:
An Indian colleague from MTV and I had just finished installing the German-born (and German-accented) wife of a traveling celebrity into her luxury digs. The five-star hotel suite was, on the one hand, 2br/2ba. On the other, top Mumbai hotels run the gamut from being moderately disappointing to being really huge let-downs. And the celebrity wife was a bit of hard work.
Esquiver: "Boy! Did you hear her? I guess the bathroom just didn't live up to her expectations, huh?"
MTV guy: "What are you talking about? She loved it!"
Esquiver: "What? She walked in and said 'oh, this big? I like to turn around, too, in here.'"
MTV guy: "No, she walked in and said 'oh, this big! It's like Toronto in here!'"
And while we're on the subject of geography:
An Indian colleague from MTV and I had just finished installing the German-born (and German-accented) wife of a traveling celebrity into her luxury digs. The five-star hotel suite was, on the one hand, 2br/2ba. On the other, top Mumbai hotels run the gamut from being moderately disappointing to being really huge let-downs. And the celebrity wife was a bit of hard work.
Esquiver: "Boy! Did you hear her? I guess the bathroom just didn't live up to her expectations, huh?"
MTV guy: "What are you talking about? She loved it!"
Esquiver: "What? She walked in and said 'oh, this big? I like to turn around, too, in here.'"
MTV guy: "No, she walked in and said 'oh, this big! It's like Toronto in here!'"
0 Comments:
Post a Comment<< Home