Thursday, October 15, 2009

A conversation

E: "I'm thinking of taking up blogging again."
K: "Well, why not?"
E: "I'm not sure I'd have any readers left."
K: "Mm...you never really had that many, did you?"
E: "That's so not true! It was getting up there, for a while. Too many, really. I didn't like how exposed I felt."
K: "So then not having that many shouldn't be a problem, right?"
E: "Hm."

(pause)

E: "Plus, I don't really have anything to write about anymore."
K: "You know, no matter how much you'd like to have a niche blog or a political blog -- and I know that, deep down, you really would -- I think yours will always have to be some kind of 'quest' blog. That's your thing. Like in India."
E: "That wasn't a travel blog?"
K: "Quest blog."
E: "An I'm-in-India-how-the-hell-am-I-getting-out quest?"
K: "More of an 'am I going to learn how to deal with this alien, overwhelming, disturbing world, or am I going to lose my mind?' inner quest sort of thing."
E: "Hm."
K: "Ok, so you're not in India now; you're in Washington. You're just going to have to think: 'what sort of quest am I on now?'"

(E mulls it over for a few seconds)

E: "Same one, really."

...

Welcome back, Readers. Give me a tenth chance, and I'll try to be better, I swear.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're waiting patiently.....

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Italophile said...

I'm waiting impatiently.

10:40 AM  
Post a Comment

<< Home