Thursday, August 30, 2007

Me? Me, a meme?

---------
UPDATE: Also, welcome to the ridiculous numbers of Andrew Sullivan readers! When I decide to drop the sarong of secrecy around this blog, I don't do things by half...
---------

Sorry, that's like one of the lamest palindromes ever.

Whew! What an interesting day for the site meter! Who knew Craig would be associated with my coming out?

I guess it's only polite to welcome the readers of Prettier than Napoleon,
Done with Mirrors, The Debate Link, and Outta mind, outta site.

You've landed on a highly idiosyncratic, unsystematized, personal, and, until today, pretty much secret blog (in the "cover the driveway with a branch, stick hands in pockets, and whistle while you walk away," kind of sense). For the small percent of you who might visit again, please be aware that I believe firmly in the partial reinforcement schedule of rewards, and dole out my posting quality accordingly.

Anyway, you're a much better-behaved lot than the last busload of out-of-towners to get lost in these parts, so make yourselves at home, and feel free to look around.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Schraub said...

Pleasure to patronize.

1) Is "Me? Me, a Meme?" a palindrome? Spelled backwards, "Emem a em em." Close, but not quite.

2) Random question: Are you by chance a fellow DCer (I'm from Bethesda, myself--though currently playing student out in Minnesota)?

You've got a nice blog. I look forward to poking around some, and returning soon.

-David-

11:08 PM  
Blogger esquiver said...

See? I *said* it was a lame palindrome.

DC-ish. Currently, sure. But that "where are you from?" turns out to be a surprisingly difficult question.

Eaargh, it may be time to add a "profile" section to the page. Geez. Readers who don't personally know me. This is so weird.

11:18 PM  
Blogger David Schraub said...

I've been there. A few months into my blog was when I first started getting "other people." It was very exciting. But at the same time, intimidating, and a bit strange (especially since they were predominantly conservatives, and I'm pretty liberal myself).

Speaking of which, this post reminds me of another landmark in my blogging career: The first time someone welcomed my readers (as opposed to me welcoming their patronage). It happened after a little over a year of blogging. I'm not so large that it's still not a rare occurrence though--swells the ego nicely.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Ted Frank said...

E! Me, Ma, a meme!

1:32 PM  
Post a Comment

<< Home