Wednesday, April 06, 2011

For what it's worth

I'm going with a yes on the shutdown -- at this point, I think, there's no way logistically for an agreement to wend its way through the process before Friday -- but it'll essentially just be a delay for procedure to catch up with what sounds like an almost-worked out framework. So...maybe two days? Three?

If it sounds like a tepid prediction, I'll note that I am going out on something of a limb to predict there won't be another CR. Which is less prognostication and more my complete unwillingness to imagine that we might bargain away reproductive rights in DC for the sake of a few mil in lost wages.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Esquiver said...

11:25 pm update: I think they've got the numbers worked out, which means it's down to Republican Kabuki over ideology. Which means, I now think, that they'll hold out to the last minute to say that they've held out to the last minute, and then take the rational course and fold. Am updating my prediction: no shutdown.

10:25 PM  
Blogger esquiver said...

Annoyingly, I seem to have these comments set up not to have a date function. I double-dog swear that the comment above was NOT left last night, but a couple of days ago. In other words: nailed it.

5:33 PM  
Post a Comment

<< Home