And this is a title
I was heading back here to 'fess up what we all know by now: the blog is dead. I mean, if the midterms couldn't bring me back (boy, I was dying to point out what so few else were: that "inexplicable" spike in Republicanism among women? Um, I believe someone mentioned a while back that being sold out by the Dems in the presidential election might lodge in a few feminine memories...?) and if WikiLeaks couldn't bring me back (far more to say on that than one measly parenthetical), then it was dead, dead, dead.
I was going to do a nauseatingly cutesy "Esquiver on Esquiver: the Final Words" self-interview that explained that, finally, the blog just broke under the weight of itself (never mind that it's my life, and what does that say?). It was going to explain how I bought a new domain -- ok, fine: two new domains, because WordPress proved ugly (if you don't have Garamond, you don't have me) and, in the end, I couldn't figure out how to transfer the DNS settings to Blogger -- but couldn't find a new design that I liked and -- worse -- couldn't find a concept for a new, snappy, non-messy, non-personal/less-personal blog that I liked. It was going to concede that the last few entries have been an embarrassing set of death throes, completely trite and stereotypical as bloggy demises go.
By way of apology, the entry was going to offer that maybe I'd start up a new travel blog in Germany. And, sure, I could blog for the six months before then, but why? The playwriting is actually going really, really well -- I'm falling in love with the form, kinda -- and why cheat on that with blogging?
And, yeah, it was going to give a quick where-are-they-now round-up. K and I: still together. Germany: still on. K and Germany? Maybe. Depends. The current work assignment? Oddly enough, still a blast. Jean-Luc? Not gay. The surprising finding that I can work intensively with a smart and dreamy straight guy and not have it get weird or stupid? Definitely some personal growth there.
So...what's with my tenses, right? Well, I re-read -- for the first time in ages -- the last few entries (yeah, even the crappier-than-usual ones) and...well, I missed me.
So? Dunno. Edicts of continuation haven't worked, and edicts of non-continuation haven't worked. What can I say? Here's an entry.
I was going to do a nauseatingly cutesy "Esquiver on Esquiver: the Final Words" self-interview that explained that, finally, the blog just broke under the weight of itself (never mind that it's my life, and what does that say?). It was going to explain how I bought a new domain -- ok, fine: two new domains, because WordPress proved ugly (if you don't have Garamond, you don't have me) and, in the end, I couldn't figure out how to transfer the DNS settings to Blogger -- but couldn't find a new design that I liked and -- worse -- couldn't find a concept for a new, snappy, non-messy, non-personal/less-personal blog that I liked. It was going to concede that the last few entries have been an embarrassing set of death throes, completely trite and stereotypical as bloggy demises go.
By way of apology, the entry was going to offer that maybe I'd start up a new travel blog in Germany. And, sure, I could blog for the six months before then, but why? The playwriting is actually going really, really well -- I'm falling in love with the form, kinda -- and why cheat on that with blogging?
And, yeah, it was going to give a quick where-are-they-now round-up. K and I: still together. Germany: still on. K and Germany? Maybe. Depends. The current work assignment? Oddly enough, still a blast. Jean-Luc? Not gay. The surprising finding that I can work intensively with a smart and dreamy straight guy and not have it get weird or stupid? Definitely some personal growth there.
So...what's with my tenses, right? Well, I re-read -- for the first time in ages -- the last few entries (yeah, even the crappier-than-usual ones) and...well, I missed me.
So? Dunno. Edicts of continuation haven't worked, and edicts of non-continuation haven't worked. What can I say? Here's an entry.
2 Comments:
-
marc95814@gmail.com said...
-
- 2:12 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 10:41 AM
Post a CommentGood to hear that things are going well. But would have loved to hear your view on Wikileaks. Or are y'll under an implicit gag order on that?
"boy, I was dying to point out what so few else were: that "inexplicable" spike in Republicanism among women? Um, I believe someone mentioned a while back that being sold out by the Dems in the presidential election might lodge in a few feminine memories...?"
In 2008, women voted for Democrats over Republicans by a margin of 14 percentage points—56 percent to 42 percent, according to CNN. In 2010, network exit polls showed a one-point split, in some cases in the GOP’s favor—the party’s best result in modern history.
Seems bizarre that women would vote Democratic in their usual proportion in the very election cycle in which they were "sold out," and wait until the next election to take their revenge on the Party. Perhaps the fact that Republicans undertook a massive effort to recruit female candidates, as well as women's significant place in the Tea Party movement (which is hardly full of traditional Democratic voters) has a bit more to do with more women voting for Republicans.
<< Home