Monday, February 21, 2011

Also, about that dwarf...

That's really why you came back to this site, isn't it?

For those of you on the Facebook feed: yes, there's a new blog in town.

Yes, again.

I'd like to think this one is a little better thought-through than the ill-fated Esquivalience II, or the domain names I've bought and tinkered with and forgotten what they are.

Here's the thing: we're on the cusp of being able to go in the travel blog direction again. (Yippee!) And I thought: why wait? There's plenty to write about in terms of preparation. (Which, ok, on second thought: six months of musing on the German language? Maybe shoulda waited another three to launch.) But I didn't want to haul around the unwieldy baggage of this blog, and, too, I really wanted to post pictures (this blog is such a collection of CSS kludges that it really can't support photos. Also, it'd do violence to the aesthetic.)

I'm being a little less cautious with the new blog (like, launching on Facebook) because it's my guess that I'll probably be writing about Germany in a different way than I've written about India (and if I can't, god help us) and there'll maybe be less conflict between my professional and personal life. And because even I just snorted in laughter typing that sentence, I'm not killing off this blog, which will continue to lurk in the shadows as the evil twin.

Yes, two blogs. Where I haven't even been able to keep current with one.

You trying to make a point, or something?

And, oh, right: it's here. Come for the lay linguistics; come back in three to six months for the culture shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home