Operating theatre of the absurd, part two
Oh, man, don't you hate it when you introduce a "part one," and then totally lose interest in doing the "part two"?
Ok, let's shortcut it: you know how you can be warned about things like "you'll experience amnesia, post-anesthesia," and you think you can beat it if you just concentrate hard enough? You can't beat it! Isn't that amazing! And you know how you can feel like you're at 100 percent, only to realize the next day that you weren't even close and now you're at 100 percent, except then the next day, you realize... What a risible homunculus! And maybe some kind of "lesson learned" about awareness and introspection! Oh, and ps, the surgery turned out after the fact to have been completely unnecessary! There was someplace I originally intended to go with that point, but it's now nearly three months in the past, and all I really remember about the week of recovery is that I was in a weird and highly unpleasant twilight headspace for ages, and it messed with my sleep cycle like nothing before or since and took about six weeks to sort out and I probably should ask for a third opinion in the future before letting anyone near me with a scalpel.
Can we move on now?
Ok, let's shortcut it: you know how you can be warned about things like "you'll experience amnesia, post-anesthesia," and you think you can beat it if you just concentrate hard enough? You can't beat it! Isn't that amazing! And you know how you can feel like you're at 100 percent, only to realize the next day that you weren't even close and now you're at 100 percent, except then the next day, you realize... What a risible homunculus! And maybe some kind of "lesson learned" about awareness and introspection! Oh, and ps, the surgery turned out after the fact to have been completely unnecessary! There was someplace I originally intended to go with that point, but it's now nearly three months in the past, and all I really remember about the week of recovery is that I was in a weird and highly unpleasant twilight headspace for ages, and it messed with my sleep cycle like nothing before or since and took about six weeks to sort out and I probably should ask for a third opinion in the future before letting anyone near me with a scalpel.
Can we move on now?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment<< Home