Is McCain panting?
He's positively gasping. He looks and sounds awful. This campaign is clearly taking a toll.
If Obama weren't so definitively trouncing him (45 mins in, anyway) and doing so well in the polls, I'd be busy moving to Berlin over the prospect of President Palin.
Am struggling to watch the rest of this. No, it's not the candidates -- it's Tom Brokaw. Hate. Those. "L's."
And "ticking time bomb that will eat us all up"? Somebody, please, block that metaphor.
If Obama weren't so definitively trouncing him (45 mins in, anyway) and doing so well in the polls, I'd be busy moving to Berlin over the prospect of President Palin.
Am struggling to watch the rest of this. No, it's not the candidates -- it's Tom Brokaw. Hate. Those. "L's."
And "ticking time bomb that will eat us all up"? Somebody, please, block that metaphor.
1 Comments:
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 9:15 AM
Post a CommentI noticed the gasping as well, but Sarah didn't hear it. And none of the commentators mentioned it. Very strange. I think I read recently (but not closely) that McCain doesn't campaign on the weekends. If true, it's hard to credit that decision to anything other than a lack of endurance.
Obama made some significant verbal mistakes during the primary that seemed to result at least in part from exhaustion, but it seems he kept a more brutal schedule then than now. Hillary never seemed to have that problem, which is all the more impressive the older I get.
<< Home