Erin Brockovich reads my blog!
Or read, anyway.
Welcome to the (mini-)Brockolanche. Man, the web gets weird.
See, what happened is, apparently someone googles herself. Aw, I'm not gonna judge. Back in the day, before internet (yesssss....), I used to ride the public bus all afternoon when my theater reviews came out in the local paper, just for the thrill of looking over the shoulder of someone who was reading me.
Sadly, I'm not making that up.
Anyway, she stumbled upon Bill's screed, x-posted it to her myspace page (myspace? Lady, all the cool kids have moved on to FB...), and the rest is history. Or at least a few really funny comments, about which I've been gleefully ribbing Bill all day. 'Cause, you know, the really important part of his post was about Julia Roberts.
And, um, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that I open my site to my first guest blogger ever, and my daily traffic quadruples.
Still blogging from the bathtub,
-E.
Welcome to the (mini-)Brockolanche. Man, the web gets weird.
See, what happened is, apparently someone googles herself. Aw, I'm not gonna judge. Back in the day, before internet (yesssss....), I used to ride the public bus all afternoon when my theater reviews came out in the local paper, just for the thrill of looking over the shoulder of someone who was reading me.
Sadly, I'm not making that up.
Anyway, she stumbled upon Bill's screed, x-posted it to her myspace page (myspace? Lady, all the cool kids have moved on to FB...), and the rest is history. Or at least a few really funny comments, about which I've been gleefully ribbing Bill all day. 'Cause, you know, the really important part of his post was about Julia Roberts.
And, um, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that I open my site to my first guest blogger ever, and my daily traffic quadruples.
Still blogging from the bathtub,
-E.
7 Comments:
-
Bill Abendroth said...
-
- 8:41 PM
-
David Schraub said...
-
- 10:44 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 2:22 PM
-
esquiver said...
-
- 3:08 PM
-
esquiver said...
-
- 3:13 PM
-
Bill Abendroth said...
-
- 3:44 AM
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 3:22 AM
Post a CommentTalk about 'good news-bad news'.....
And here I was, ready to get all pissy when the Esquiver said '...for Bill, it's very well written...'
I don't mind so much giving the Esquiver something else to make fun of me (what's one more or less on a giant heap?), but you do have to wonder. Did Ms. Brockovich REALLY have to go to IMDB to parse out the meaning behind '. . . Vivian Ward, the pretty woman in Pretty Woman . . . Maggie Carpenter, the runaway bride in Runaway Bride . . . Tess Ocean, the twelfth ocean in Ocean's Twelve . . . [and] Erin Brockovich, who was Erin Brockovich in Erin Brockovich'? I mean, come on now!
And the comments on Myspace--everyone (but two) thinks I don't know the difference between Julia Roberts and Erin Brockovich...and one of the others thinks I was just 'trying' to be funny, but 'couldn't pull it off.'
Kill me now.
Not only that, if you look at the PREVIOUS Blog on Ms. Brockovich's MySpace page, she's got a big I LOVE YOU to Governor Sarah Palin! What kind of consumer advocate/environmentalist is this?
Well--I sent the divine Ms. B a couple of 'messages' on MySpace that were not too snarky. The first was to clairify that I knew she was not Julia Roberts & visa versa. The second was about Governor Palin--and that was snarky. She monitors her 'comments,' so we'll see.
I also wrote my own reply to Ms. Brockovich.
Facebook: [http://www.new.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=38609850349&id=1373766807&index=0]
and at Samsara Samzidat:
[http://samsamdat.blogspot.com/2008/09/me-erin-brockovich-and-importance-of.html]
By the by, for reasons known only to their gods, Facebook is dream for posting pictures, including captions. Blogspot makes you html edit for captions. If I could do html editing, I'd have a real job & not waste my time making fun of Governor Palin....MySpace doesn't even allow pictures on their blogs...All the more reason for the cool kids to--oh, you know.
I remain:
Seriously misunderstood.
Bill Abendroth
Is it just me, or is your blog readership rather bulimic? Feast, famine, feast, famine.
Whatever. I was reading Esquiver before it became cool (the second time).
At the risk of repeating myself (see comments from a month ago somewhere else on this blog), the comment log on EB's myspace page reminds me, yet again, why benign despotism (as opposed to universal suffrage) really isn't such a bad idea.
DS -
Nah, it's you. You're bulimic.
Mm, well, you know how it is. Something (usually Bill) draws 'em in. Then 99 percent of them leave. Then we get a new batch...
I suppose it would help if I could ever decide what I wanted this blog to be about. Is it political? Is it personal, a substitute for all the friends-and-family emails I ought to write, but don't? Is it humorous? (That's rhetorical, folks...)
Believe me, I've considered launching an esquivalience-mark-two purely for more "finished" pieces, without the stuff about K and why my particular day sucked. But the thing is? I'm lazy. So this will continue, for now, to be a blog about everything, and thus, about nothing. But without all the Seinfeldian goodness of that characterization.
Italo -
Someone's gotta put the suffering and rage in suffrage.
I know, I know: I've been quite down about it, too. I loathe the movie "Idiocracy," but, lately, I find myself recommending it to everyone. We're there. It's us. It's happening.
I think the movie 'Idiocracy' is just not a very good movie...On the other hand, I'd have probably bet my house that NO ONE over the age of five would ever have been able to say that someone who lived in Alaska would be knowledgable about Russia, because the two were close geographically, and not go off on a laughing jag.....
I want to be friends with the guy who posted on another friend's Facebook wall the following:
I can see the moon from my house, so I guess that makes me an astronaut.
<< Home