Thursday, October 02, 2008

Did she really say "O'Biden"?

Aw, just kidding. I mean, she did, but no mind. Biden also misspoke in talking about civil unions, and -- showing his real opinions, I'm sure -- did refer nonchalantly to support for gay marriage, before giving the standard and disappointing disavowal.

My favorite unfortunate off-the-cuff, though, goes to Palin: "McCain knows what evil is."

No comment.

I wish I'd recorded the debate instead of streaming it, because I'd love to review it without sound -- what an incredible bonanza of facial expressions and body language. (Update: oh, god, they're still streaming the post-debate, and she just hauled the baby over her shoulder. Geeeeez.)

I still maintain: she's not dumb. I wasn't expecting her to implode, and she didn't. However, she does make my skin crawl, and never more so than in this debate. I'll have to think about the reasons behind that a little bit more and get back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home