Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hiatus

Dear Loyal Dozen,

We're taking a blogging break.

Primarily, it's a time issue -- we're transitioning jobs, and, weirdly, it turns out there's more stress involved in a DC-to-DC transfer than there is in going DC-to-Asia. (Or maybe it's just that there's less excitement, so there's less of an anesthetizing effect.)

Also -- and you'll like this, Ryan -- we're doing more non-blog writing, and there're just so many hours in the day. Something's gotta give.

Finally, my patience with the undisciplined "brain-dump" aspect of this blog has run out. That might have worked in India, but my life here is simply not interesting enough to sustain it. We may return with a different format and emphasis. We may return with a different location (which will be noted here). Or, we may just return and keep doing exactly the same thing, if it turns out that all I needed was a break. But we do intend to return.

When? I'm not sure, exactly. I'll give at least an interim update on Nov. 11.

Thanks, and...trust me. This'll be a good thing.

- Esquiver

4 Comments:

Blogger David Schraub said...

Good luck, and we'll be waiting.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto.

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like the part about the non-blog writing. I believe -- like the other eleven, I imagine -- that you have the skill and the talent -- to make a living as a professional writer. You just need the ego.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

International travel story of the day.

9:10 AM  
Post a Comment

<< Home