Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Burma watch (personal edition)

For those of you who like to make your long-range travel plans in advance, today I'm estimating my chances of going to the Golden Land at approximately 12.5 percent. Yeah, that's right: eight current bidders. Of course, for some of them, it's probably a tenth choice or so, but, on the other hand, several have seniority over me. So we'll keep it pegged there for now. Meaning, in practical terms? That the best I'll be able to offer you summer tourists is a small town in the Midwest, I think. Sorry about that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

small town in the Midwest

If that small town is Tulsa or a functional equivalent, I shall be mildly miffed. -- T

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did that editorial in the Charleston papers turn you off to buying a little house in South Carolina? If so, I'm glad to hear it. I had to get my jaw rewired to the rest of my skull when you off-handedly mentioned that possibility last week.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now come on...South Carolina isn't really ALL that bad, folks!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are alot of places that are worse (...like Burma, Iraq, Wash. DC...)

4:13 PM  
Post a Comment

<< Home