Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Multiple system failures

Last night, the internet went down, the TV reception went out, the phone went dead, our water distiller (only source for potable water) broke, and my desktop computer crashed. Oh, and this morning there was no hot water.

As I already ascribe "Island-of-the-Lost"-like properties to the city, I'm nervous. (Doesn't help that K keeps coming up behind me and whispering in my ear, "Ge-eet ooouuut...")

Anyway, internet's back (we have our priorities straight), and we're working on a supply of drinking water. The iMac is sort of back up, but one of these days I'm going to have to take ten years and learn all about Macs.

No further news. My boss is being squirrelly, which means either my request went through and she's upset about it, or it was denied and she's afraid to tell me, but I've been too busy working 12-hour days running around the district to ask which.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home