A couple quick follow-ups before I pretend it'll be possible to sleep
- Ryan complains something-or-other to the effect of "you don't call, you don't write."
Let me remind him, and the general public, that I can be reached merely by dialing a Portland (503) phone number. I'm also Skypeable. If you'd like either the digits or the userid, you can, as always, email me.
- We've decided on Berlin for the enjoyable half of the vacation. It doesn't meet the minimum temperature requirements, true, but what could be a better antidote to all things Indian than all things Teutonic? Plus, I'm curious to see whether I still speak German. And what really clinched it was seeing pictures of city parks in their fall colors. Trees...
Let me remind him, and the general public, that I can be reached merely by dialing a Portland (503) phone number. I'm also Skypeable. If you'd like either the digits or the userid, you can, as always, email me.
- We've decided on Berlin for the enjoyable half of the vacation. It doesn't meet the minimum temperature requirements, true, but what could be a better antidote to all things Indian than all things Teutonic? Plus, I'm curious to see whether I still speak German. And what really clinched it was seeing pictures of city parks in their fall colors. Trees...
6 Comments:
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 2:26 PM
-
esquiver said...
-
- 2:32 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 5:29 PM
-
esquiver said...
-
- 1:56 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 3:28 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 1:54 AM
Post a CommentOh well. I was going to suggest Crete, or Capri, or maybe Madagascar, or western Australia. Would you like to do some genealogical research while there? It was the home of your maternal grandmother.
My grandmother came from Madagascar?
Um, you did say domething about traveling to Berlin, didn't you? Or do you think a Madagascan ancestor would add to your self-awareness?
Malagasy.
And, frankly, I've love to be less self-aware. Have you got an ancestor for that?
Oh, Berlin: my all-time favorite city. If only I spoke good German!
What? Your grandmother came from Madagascar? I thought that was just a story about the Germans shipping all those people to Madagascar.....
<< Home