Pics
Thirty-seven more (why 37 each time? I dunno. Got any more really stupid questions for me?), at the usual place. Half are old ones (from March-ish) that I recently unearthed during frenzied house-cleaning. You got a problem with that?
Which reminds me -- where would you like to see next? What I mean is that we're still undecided about where to go for the holiday I'm planning for the month's end. (And, um, we're not discussing stuff as much as usual.) We're tentatively going to Rajasthan for ten days, but then I'd like to go someplace clean for the second ten. I was thinking of doing a craigslist sublet in the south of France, or maybe Sardinia, but it's sounding as though both places might be surprisingly cold the first week of November. I'm not looking for beachgoing, but lots of aimless hiking would be nice, and perhaps even medically necessary. I suppose we still might opt for Berlin -- which, yes, would be even colder, but with strategically-placed coffeeshops and plenty of indoor resources.
Any suggestions? It has to be somewhere that fervently believes in the Western canon and in handwashing, and needs to be fairly cheap to get to, as I may be nearing a career transition point soon and this isn't a good time for heavy spending. It also either has to be at least 60 degrees out the first week in November, or be someplace with adequate non-outdoors offerings.
Which reminds me -- where would you like to see next? What I mean is that we're still undecided about where to go for the holiday I'm planning for the month's end. (And, um, we're not discussing stuff as much as usual.) We're tentatively going to Rajasthan for ten days, but then I'd like to go someplace clean for the second ten. I was thinking of doing a craigslist sublet in the south of France, or maybe Sardinia, but it's sounding as though both places might be surprisingly cold the first week of November. I'm not looking for beachgoing, but lots of aimless hiking would be nice, and perhaps even medically necessary. I suppose we still might opt for Berlin -- which, yes, would be even colder, but with strategically-placed coffeeshops and plenty of indoor resources.
Any suggestions? It has to be somewhere that fervently believes in the Western canon and in handwashing, and needs to be fairly cheap to get to, as I may be nearing a career transition point soon and this isn't a good time for heavy spending. It also either has to be at least 60 degrees out the first week in November, or be someplace with adequate non-outdoors offerings.
4 Comments:
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 5:23 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 4:52 PM
-
esquiver said...
-
- 10:21 AM
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 11:34 AM
Post a CommentHow about Milan? Maybe not exactly a beach town, but I know somebody who could show you all the finer gelaterias...
Avoid Milan at all costs. It is a place that il mio amico italiano detests, and he should know.
I know you've already decided on Berlin, but just in case you change your mind.
Rome is much nicer if you decide to choose Italy. Stick with Berlin, though.
Now, now, kids -- no fighting. I'm sure Milan both is and is not a fine city.
I'm not releasing the updated vacation plans just yet, because they're not yet locked in (after all, it's more than a week away, and this is K we're talking about), but Italy is very likely to be implicated.
Italy: good. Milan: bad. BTW, I wasn't fighting, but it's a statement of fact. (So I've been told.)
<< Home