Sunday, September 24, 2006

And the million-dollar question...

...how does Mumbai look without the lens of dysthymia?

Post-apocalyptic, filthy, and as vexing as ever.

I said I was manic, not delusional.

The only thing new on that front is that I've now got lots of energy to explore ways to get the hell out of crumbling Dodge.

Asmara remains a viable option, though I expressed interest to Washington and they didn't express back. My latest pitch to K is that he join me for the first year and work at my place of employment and build up a bit of savings with which to finance his re-launch into the U.S.; this would also ensure the maximum time we'd spend apart would be a year, which we both think is doable. K is more bearish on the Eritrean political situation than I am; with my nonstop loops around the plague belts of western India, my reaction to hearing we wouldn't be allowed to travel outside the capital was: thank god! The whole concept is still under active negotiation status, with a final decision (on my part; Washington would take another week or two) likely on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home