Friday, May 19, 2006

Update on the preceding.

K is of the opinion that I'm spending too much time on the internet.

K rather acidly pointed out the correlation between my internet usage and the decline of the glamor quotient.

I pointed out the correlation between the aforementioned decline and the arrival of K.

Our compromise -- this counts as a compromise for us -- is that for one week we will not turn down a single invitation (this does not include invitations to visit the States), even if it cuts into internet time, and then assess whether the glam-o-meter has shown potential for movement.

This will not begin next week, as it is the Idol final.

I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The really eerie thing is that I was going to say, in my hope-you're-OK e-mail, that the U.S. visit was so depressing because of the absolute obsession with the American Idol finale. (As in, "Shouldn't we be discussing whether to impeach the President instead?") And then the winner promptly gets a contract singing a jingle for Ford and becomes inescapable for the rest of the trip.

I'm glad I didn't say that or you mightn't have responded with a link to this, your blog.

-A

8:20 AM  
Post a Comment

<< Home