Thursday, January 10, 2008

Red menace

On the Republican side, I'm torn. I was pretty pumped about Huckabee in Iowa -- the Dems could run the proverbial yellow dog against Huck, and, come January, we'd all be hearing "Hail to the Puppy." (And, on the off-chance he did win, my never-certain future plans become very easy: I propose to Italophile. Or anyone else with a European passport. Though 'Phile and I do share excellent taste in movies.)

With McCain: I respect the guy, if not most his beliefs. I certainly don't want him to win, but I probably wouldn't have to flee the country if he did. He's clearly the only viable national candidate the Repubs have got, and I'm worried they might have finally figured that out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My nascent interest in the Sarah Silverman show would probably leave you pretty cold, though.

6:21 PM  
Blogger esquiver said...

Ooh, right on the money. I sought out "Jesus is Magic" because I thought she was the best thing in "The Aristocrats," but, yeah, really underwhelmed. Even more so by the two or three episodes of her show that I've seen. And K once rented a DVD of "Greg the Bunny," of which we watched about half of one episode, and it totally validated and reaffirmed why we don't have TV.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of which, I've been looking at the polls in an effort to boost my MDR of schadenfreude, and find myself grinning and grinning Giuliani's best efforts to slash his level of support by 50%. I'm also pleased to see Fred Thompson's numbers reach the point that Charo now denies ever having met him on a cruise ship. My least favorite son, though, is Idiot Duncan Hunter. He was a congressman (using the term in its broadest possible context) from San Diego, when I lived there. I want to see that jerk dropped from the human race--but I think he's in until the convention, possibly running for VEEP, trying to convince anyone dumber than him that Duncan has the mojo to bring California in for the Republicans. Uh huh.

All in all, I am keeping my fingers crossed that Thompson gets a distant fifth in the 1/19 South Carolina primary (behind McCain, the Evolutionary Huckabee, Romney, and The Rude-man). Would that be enough to push Go-Fer out of the race? Or will he decide to go to the convention, vying to be the Spiro Agnew of the 21st century?

And I wonder what on earth Rudy is going to say following the Janurary 29th Florida primary? 'We're in this race, right through Super-Dooper-Pooper Tuesday on February 5!'? Why is he campaigning like a nut in Florida, instead of a moderate in California and New York?

3:48 AM  
Post a Comment

<< Home