Hearts and minds
K returns tomorrow night. It's been strange having him gone, and it feels like it's been much longer than two and a half weeks.
It's been very nifty not to have the !@#$ History channel on when I'm trying to work on something, and kind of a treat not to feel obliged to clear my schedule with anyone, and not to feel guilty about spending Sunday afternoons with my nose in a book -- in short, a good time to indulge my inner curmudgeonly hermit.
I've also had some time to reflect on the relationship, and have come to several conclusions:
- K and I really have surprisingly divergent interests, habits, and ideas about how the world works.
- I suspect a fair number of our incompatibilities are immutable, and a certain level of conflict in our relationship is just going to remain unavoidable.
- I totally, absolutely, and completely can't wait for him to get home.
Call me crazy, but I'm going to go with #3.
It's been very nifty not to have the !@#$ History channel on when I'm trying to work on something, and kind of a treat not to feel obliged to clear my schedule with anyone, and not to feel guilty about spending Sunday afternoons with my nose in a book -- in short, a good time to indulge my inner curmudgeonly hermit.
I've also had some time to reflect on the relationship, and have come to several conclusions:
- K and I really have surprisingly divergent interests, habits, and ideas about how the world works.
- I suspect a fair number of our incompatibilities are immutable, and a certain level of conflict in our relationship is just going to remain unavoidable.
- I totally, absolutely, and completely can't wait for him to get home.
Call me crazy, but I'm going to go with #3.
1 Comments:
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 7:42 PM
Post a CommentAh, good. At least that's settled.
Now regarding the job. . . .
<< Home