Saturday, July 05, 2008

A change in plans

We're not gonna go on the Quebec bike trip.

Sure, I'm a bit bummed about this, and, sure, there's a small part of me that's thinking: "uh-huh...this is what happens when I decline to do the planning and hand it off to K instead," but there are two mitigating circumstances:

(1) K and I agree he should at least take the entrance exam for my profession, and, as luck would have it, it's offered only during the exact time I'd taken off for work for the bike trip, and (2) all that hiking, biking and camping last weekend turned out to be a tad premature vis-a-vis my post-surgical condition. Nothing serious (other than the fact that my goddamned doctor won't return my calls); just enough pain and bleeding to suggest that this might not be the best time to set off on a 300-mile trail ride.

I'm still going to take vacation the week after this one, probably without K (depending on what exam date he ends up with -- or, ok, yes; whether he submits his materials in time to take the exam). Usual rules mean I can't say exactly where I'm going, but it's a certain domestic Northwest city of which I'm very fond. If you live in such a place (and we haven't already established that I'm staying with you) or you're going to be traveling through such a place, please drop an email and let me know. This is an extremely impromptu trip, and I don't yet have much planned other than a lot of good coffee and microbrews and time spent inhaling the scent of sunshine on pine trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home