Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fie, foul FIOS, fie

0800 - the time the installer was supposed to show up
1100 - K calls to investigate
1200 - K calls to investigate
1300 - the time the installer actually shows up
1305 - the time until I cut off a who's-on-first discussion among the installer, our building's desk clerk, and me, about landlines, FIOS, internet, and landlord permission, which I initially typed out below but then deleted, because, oh, too bloody pointless.
TIMELINE DIVERGES
1330 - the time at which I stop fuming over the fact that when a man hears something he doesn't understand, his thought process appears to often go something like this: "Either I'm not getting something, or this woman is stupid. I am a man. :. This woman is an idiot. (Where is a man I can speak with?)"
1307 - the time at which the installer locates our FIOS box in our heating closet and utters those promising words, "Oh, sh*t."
TIMELINE RECONVERGES
1307.5 - the installer ignores my request for clarification.
1308 - the installer ignores my request for clarification.
1500 - the installer informs K that the initial installation was flawed and the contractor will have to return before he can do anything.
1500.5 - the installer ignores my question.
1501 - the installer ignores my question.
1501.5 - the installer answers my question, while never breaking eye contact with K. Ohhhh, I so wanted to believe that was only India.
1502 - the installer leaves.
1530 - I continue to fume.
1600, two weeks after moving out - the time I anticipate that we will have FIOS.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See what happens when you tell retailers that your zip code is from the Republic of the Marshall Islands?

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly depressing story. I'm sorry.

3:46 AM  
Post a Comment

<< Home