Technical problems II
We were without internet the entire weekend. Moreover, the outage was caused not by weather/infrastructure/acts of Krishna, but by a long-running feud with our ISP.
The basics of the feud are thus: the person who lived here before us, let's call him Jack, left without paying his last bill. The company (1) cannot understand that we are not he (after all, we all look alike), and (2) would like us to be responsible for it. We will be nothing of the sort.
The usual conversation is a drearily monotonous refrain of "you must pay the bill,"/"we're not Jack,"/"Aha! I never said it was 'Jack' so that proves you are." Change sales reps, and repeat every two weeks. And then, last weekend, they just cut us off.
After we get back from vacation, we'll be trying out a new ISP. But for now, it means (1) I haven't had access to email or to Skype, sorry, (2) there's an awful lot going on, and (3) I haven't been able to write about any of it, so expect an onslaught of entries in the next couple of days, if I have the chance.
Inconvenience regretted.
The basics of the feud are thus: the person who lived here before us, let's call him Jack, left without paying his last bill. The company (1) cannot understand that we are not he (after all, we all look alike), and (2) would like us to be responsible for it. We will be nothing of the sort.
The usual conversation is a drearily monotonous refrain of "you must pay the bill,"/"we're not Jack,"/"Aha! I never said it was 'Jack' so that proves you are." Change sales reps, and repeat every two weeks. And then, last weekend, they just cut us off.
After we get back from vacation, we'll be trying out a new ISP. But for now, it means (1) I haven't had access to email or to Skype, sorry, (2) there's an awful lot going on, and (3) I haven't been able to write about any of it, so expect an onslaught of entries in the next couple of days, if I have the chance.
Inconvenience regretted.
1 Comments:
-
Anonymous said...
-
- 9:51 AM
Post a CommentBring on the onslaught of entries! Seriously, I can't wait. -Shani
<< Home