Thursday, July 20, 2006

Known technical issues from someone who doesn't know tech

- If you haven't done so already, please maximize this window. Yes, the main text exceeds the default window size that most browsers open. I'm verbose, ok? Some of the entries were embarrassingly long with the standard-sized window once I added the sidebar.

- This makes me crazy, but some posts appear without a date/timestamp. I honestly don't know how this is even possible.

- The timestamp on comments prior to today's date is not accurate. Actually, I tried to do away with the comment timestamp entirely, but one seems to be required.

- The blog's appearance is radically different with different browsers. Again, crazy-making. What you see is a tradeoff: e.g., post titles are a bit small in Safari, but that's because they were huge in IE. Generally, the site looks best in Safari, ok in IE, and pretty bad on Firefox (Krapsnart, get a mainstream browser, eh?). Dunno about Netscape or others. Let me know?

- The links under "Etc." are more for me than for you. Sorry, but there's only so much a person can fit onto Safari's bookmarks bar.

Beyond these points, there were some strange importing errors, so you may see typos. Please let me know, and also know about any readability/aesthetic issues (though I may be constrained by that weird browser disparity thing).

And for heaven's sake, don't look at the source code unless you want a good laugh. I don't program; I meta-program: that is, I figure out what I want conceptually, and then scour the web for an example of its syntax. Then I tweak it and observe the result to figure out what each part does functionally. It's closer to frog dissection than to web editing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back. Hey, Firefox *is* a mainstream browser now. All libraries have gone to it because of the security holes in IE.
-mom

7:54 PM  
Post a Comment

<< Home